HCI-CSCL: Group Reading Projects
- Return to Designing for CSCL
- Click on the download link to download the week's reading.
- Click on the analysis link to post your group's analysis of the reading.
- Click on the analysis link to edit your group's analysis of the reading.
- Click on the analysis link to read the analysis of the reading by other groups.
- [analysis] - [download] - Scardamalia, M. & Bereiter, C. (1994) Computer support for knowledge-building communities. Journal of the Learning Sciences, 3(3), 265-283.
- [download] - Stahl, G. (2002). Introduction: Foundations for a CSCL Community. In Stahl, G. (Ed.). (2002). Computer support for collaborative learning: Foundations for a CSCL community. Proceedings of CSCL 2002. Boulder, CO, USA. Mahwah, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates. p. 1-2.
- [download] - Stahl, G., & Hesse, F. (2006). ijCSCL—a journal for research in CSCL. International Journal of Computer-Supported Collaborative Learning (2006) 1:1. 3–7.
- [download] - Stahl, G., Koschmann, T., & Suthers, D. (2006). Computer-supported collaborative learning: An historical perspective. In R. K. Sawyer (Ed.), Cambridge Handbook of the Learning Sciences (pp. 409-426). Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press.
- [analysis] - [download] - Stahl, G., Sumner, T., & Owen, R. (1995). Share globally, adapt locally: Software to create and distribute student-centered curriculum. Computers and Education. Special issue on education and the Internet, 24 (3), 237-246.
- [analysis] - [download] - Stahl, G. (1998) The Research CyberStudio: Supporting Researchers as LifeLong Learners. Unpublished manuscript.
- [memex] - Wikipedia article on Bush's Memex.
- [hypertext] - Wikipedia article on Hypertext.
- [timeline] - Wikipedia article on Timeline of hypertext technology.
- [download] - Kim, E., A manifesto for collaborative tools.
- [download] - Carroll, J. (1999). Five reasons for scenario-based design. In: Proceedings of the 32nd Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS ’99).
- Note: No analysis of the readings is needed this week. The readings will help with your group project
- Note: to see the images on Nielsen's articles please refer to the new links that point to the versions hosted on his website useit.com
- [download] - Abowd, G., Heuristic evaluation.
- [download] - Pinelle, D., Gutwin, C., Greenberg, S. (2003) Task analysis for groupware usability evaluation: Modeling shared-workspace tasks with the mechanics of collaboration. ACM Transactions on Computer-Human Interaction, 10(4), 281–311.
- [download] - Abowd, G., Performing a cognitive walkthrough.
- [download] - Pinelle, D. & Gutwin, C., Groupware walkthrough: Adding context to groupware usability evaluation. CHI Letters. 4(10) 455-462.
- [download] - Engelbart, D., audio podcast of interview on Stranova from 2007.
- [analysis] - [download] - Stahl, G. (2008). Chat on Collaborative Knowledge Building. Qwerty. November 2008.
- [analysis] - [download] - Stahl, G. (2006). Introduction: Essays on Technology, Interaction, and Cognition. In G. Stahl (2006) Group Cognition: Computer Support for Building Collaborative Knowledge. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press. 1-21.
- Return to Designing for CSCL