Designing Social Interaction Software
Welcome to INFO 608
Welcome to INFO 608 Human-Computer Interaction, Spring Quarter 2007, Drexel University, Prof. Gerry Stahl
- INFO 608 Welcome Page
- Read this page first. It will tell you how to get started the first week.
- Course Overview
- This page provides general information about the course.
- Textbook Journal
- This page discusses student weekly journal entries on the textbook.
- Group Reading Projects
- This page points to the group postings on the weekly readings.
- Group Design Projects
- This page points to the group postings on the design projects.
- Midterm Conceptual Design Paper
- This page contains instructions for the individual midterm conceptual design paper.
- Final Reflection Paper
- This page contains instructions for individual final reflection paper.
- Final Textbook Journal
- This page contains instructions for the individual final textbook journal.
- Papers from last quarter
- This page reproduces three papers by students in last quarter's HCI course.
- Feedback on Week 9 design and reading projects -- June 9
- Feedback on Week 8 design and reading projects -- June 1
- Feedback on Week 7 design and reading projects -- May 26
- Feedback on Week 6 design and reading projects -- May 19
- Feedback on midterm conceptual design papers -- May 19
- Some Video & Audio & Text links on social networking have been added below -- May 12
- Some comments on the weekly group postings have been added to the Week 1, 2, 3, 4 Group Reading Projects and Group Design Projects pages -- May 12
- Some stimulating questions about the readings have been added to the discussion tab for this page -- May 12
- Some terms and ideas related to social networking have been added to Our page. Use this for building knowledge for this course. -- May 12
- Discussing the group experience! I have found the most interesting part of this course has been the group dynamics. I'm starting this discussion NOT as a place to complain but as a place to help researchers understand the complexity of the group experience and why their software may not be able to control the group experience as they hope it will. You can find it on Our page number 3.
- K8 22:28, 20 May 2007 (EDT)
Our Wikipedia page on Designing Social Interaction Software
- Our page
- Use this page to summarize your findings and ideas about designing social interaction software from an HCI perspective.
- You can add to this page any time during the course.
Videos File:Television.png & Audio File:Sound.png
- File:Television.png Eight minute video of WWW inventor Tim Berners-Lee speaking on the semantic web: [The Semantic Web]
- File:Television.png Eleven minute video of Gerry Stahl interviewed about the future of CSCL at the CSCL 2003 conference in Bergen, Norway: [Theory & the future of CSCL]
- File:Sound.png Articles on social networking at MIT's Technology Review -- some available as audio files and podcasts: [Social Networking]
- File:Television.png "What Is Web 2.0" by Tim O'Reilly [Web 2.0]
Questions? Comments? Issues about this course?
- Use the discussion tab above to go to a threaded discussion area for this course.
- An archive of emails about the course is available at EmailArchive